Let's Talk About...
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Pop Spotlight for Parents:
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a bestselling series of tween novels that follow the wacky adventures of middle-schooler, Greg Heffley. Written by Jeff Kinney, a middle-aged father of two, Wimpy Kid books have sold over 50 million copies, dominated bestseller lists, been adapted into a film franchise, and won numerous accolades including the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award. As the Washington Post reports, Kinney’s little wimp is “One of the most successful children’s series ever published.”
Parents, you can use these family talk-starters to spark healthy conversations about Diary of a Wimpy Kid in your home:
• Why are your friends fans of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series?
• What are five words you’d use to describe Wimpy Kid, Greg Heffley?
• Some Christian parents think Greg Heffley is a bad role model for kids like you. Others think he’s just a funny character in funny books. What do you think? Defend your answer.
• What do you think would happen if your friends acted like Greg Heffley? Describe it.
• If I were going to read a book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, what advice would you give me about that?
Note: All product-related graphics in this article are standard publicity/promotional shots provided by Amulet Books / www.amuletbooks.com.